TV Show Stereotype #4: The Boat is Safe

Hello back again and this time we are going to discuss the hit ABC show, Fresh Off the Boat. It’s about an Asian Family in Florida who journeys through an American life while trying not to lose their culture. Now, I just recently started watching the show and it is fantastic, but does have its share of Asian stereotypes. The Mom, Jessica Huang, can definitely be considered a tiger mom, who is strict to her kids and wants them to succeed. Also one of her sons, Emery, is another stereotype of Asians being very intelligent and academically successful. Of course these things don’t stop me from enjoying the show as these stereotypes make them enjoyable and I’m thinking as I watch more of the show they will grow as characters and be more than their stereotypes or at least I hope.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Actual Post! TV Show Stereotype #1

Welcome!

TV Show Stereotype #6: Brain Food...Literally...