TV Show Stereotypes #8: Totally full of Drama

Hello once again, and the show we are going to talk about this time is Total Drama Island. It’s basically a cartoon parody of reality TV shows where the contestants compete for $100,000, and it’s winner takes all. Being a parody, it would have many stereotypes associated with it, and to me the one that stands out the most is the angry black woman. The name of the character is Leshawna, and see really does embody the stereotype. Down to fight with anyone who gets on her nerves and is very sassy. That doesn’t make the show offensive to me as it is clearly a parody in my eyes, so I see it as making fun of the typical people you would normally see on reality TV. If you haven’t seen it yet, I recommend you give it a watch, you’ll have a blast at the ridiculousness that ensues in the show.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome!

TV Show Stereotypes #2 A Continuation!

First Actual Post! TV Show Stereotype #1